As Bordeaux experiences unprecedented economic and urban development, the number of sites for setting up business or relocating to the area is constantly growing.
Whether refurbished or under construction, here are 6 key sites in the Bordeaux entrepreneurial ecosystem:
- The Caserne Niel on the right bank, refurbished by 2 entrepreneurs and aimed at start-ups that defend sustainable development values.
- Bordeaux Unitec, next to the university campus in Pessac, to support innovative businesses.
- The Cité du Numérique in Bordeaux-Bègles, located at the former postal sorting centre, where rehabilitation started two years ago and will finish in 2016. It has already hosted a dozen collaborative digital start-ups. This site is integrated into the future Bordeaux-Euratlantique business zone close to the train station.
- The Node in the centre of Bordeaux is a co-working space managed by an association that gathers together digital professionals in Aquitaine, intended for creative businesses.
- The Bassin à Flot is situated in a neighbourhood that has undergone a complete reconstruction behind the Bordeaux quays and will host digital schools, a hotel complex and businesses.
- Digit-Halles, a business incubator managed by the e-trading association of Bordeaux.
(Source: Atlantico 18/02/2015)