Bordeaux is still at the top, ranked the “coolest” city and a good city for investment etc., and economic news remains as dynamic as ever. Below is a brief overview:
Two fundraising programs were announced:
- Marbotic,a producer of connected wooden toys and educational applications for tablets has raised € 250,000 from private investors, including the world leader in wooden toys; the aim is to launch a connected alphabet for Christmas.
- BlookUp launched its eponymous platform 3 years ago which allows the publication of digital content from social networks and blogs in a paper book format, or “Blook”: a combination of ‘book’ and ‘blog’. These Blooks can also be sold directly on the platform by the author of the content.
€ 490,000 was recently raised through investment funds in order to advertise the BlookUp solution in France and abroad: mainly in Europe and the USA.
The new platform for boat hire between individuals, SamBoat, enjoyed a great summer thanks to success that was as swift as it was unexpected.
More than 10,000 hire requests were recorded during the summer season for a fleet of 1,200 boats. This represents nearly €1 million in transactions, multiplying turnover by 12.
These good results will allow them to boost presence in France and above all to open up to Spain, Italy, Croatia and Greece from 2016. Will it become the Airbnb of boats?
JobiJoba, the leader in France for online job searches has convinced the City of Bordeaux to develop a portal called “Bordeaux for employment”, providing access to job offers within a range of 10 km and to all kinds of information relating to job searches.
A number of openings have also been announced or confirmed:
- the restaurant of the Grand Hôtel de Bordeaux, thePressoir d’Argent, has been entrusted to the highly mediatized Scottish chef Gordon Ramsay and will welcome its first customers this Friday evening;
- Promenade Sainte-Catherine and its 19,000 m² of storessituated in the heart of Bordeaux
- the Cité du Vin will welcome Bordeaux residents as well as tourists from all over the world from June 2016.
(Sources: Région Aquitaine, Objectif Aquitaine, France 3 Aquitaine, Les échos, Sud-Ouest)