Bordeaux Gironde continues to attract investment decisions at a faster-than-expected pace. That is the assessment Invest in Bordeaux has just published for the year 2016, the best it has ever had.
Gironde attracted 74 businesses with a 3-year outlook of 1,500 job creations, up +7.6% on 2015.
Out of 74 businesses that chose Bordeaux Metropole, two-thirds are new establishments (decision-making centres, sales offices, R & D centres, production units etc.) and three-quarters of them are of French origin.
Digital technology, health and the tertiary sector lead the way
Digital technology leads the pack with 25 decisions to set up in the area, representing 430 jobs.
The FrenchTech effect and the dynamic digital ecosystem of Bordeaux no doubt play a key role in this enthusiasm for the metropolitan area.
The Tertiary Sector and Health / Biotechs industries are also well represented, with 342 and 288 jobs respectively.
Out of 74 investment decisions, 45 involve more than 20 job creations within 3 years. These include:
- Cap Gémini (150 jobs), one of the global leaders in IT consulting, services, and facility management
- Poly Shape(80), metal additive manufacturing. Market leader
- Uniklo (80),commerce and personal goods
- Medipole Partenaire(70), one of the largest private hospital groups
- Almage (70) 1stregional structure specialized in treating Alzheimer patients
- Dassault Falcon Services (70), maintenance plant dedicated to business jets.
- EKINO(50), digital services
- Imakumo (50), computer systems and software consultancy
- Créative Aquitaine (40), expertise and consulting in advanced technologies
- Solidanim (40), 3D animation
- Zodiac Nautic(40), world leader in the manufacture and sales of inflatable boats
Progression of foreign investments
While French investors dominate, those from Europe and the rest of the world are progressing in terms of employment creation. (+67%).
With 5 investment projects, Germany remains the top country for investment in the Gironde area, but in terms of jobs, Japan is leading the foreign countries with the arrival of Uniklo (80 jobs).
*These results are the fruit of collective efforts with key players within the area, working with the economic development departments of Bordeaux Metropole, Bordeaux Gironde CCI, Nouvelle-Aquitaine Regional Council, Gironde County Council, and the Prefecture of the Gironde.