Successful fundraising for Bordeaux Gironde businesses was significant in 2014, although the amounts raised did not reach the levels of 2013 due to the performance of the stock market.
Initial public offerings are increasing largely as a result of the presence of EnterNext’s Bordeaux office since mid-2013 (http://www.invest-in-bordeaux.fr/le-capital-risque-continue-dinvestir-la-metropole-bordelaise/).
The most substantial fundraising in 2014:
- €5.3 million for Sunna Design, specialising in the design and manufacture of solar powered LED lamps
- €3 million for HyPrévention, Medtech Girondine is working on the prevention of hip fractures
- €2 million for Exoès, specialising in the conversion of heat to energy
- €2.5 million for LNC and its therapeutic solution to combat obesity
- €1.7 million for Muquans, laser-based tools for high precision measuring
- €1.5 million for Yooji, specialising in the manufacture of organic, frozen baby food
- €1.5 million for Yummypets, the social network for pets
- €1.3 million for Aelis Farma and the development of its treatment to combat cannabis addiction
- €1 million for Teeo, specialising in energy management
Initial public offerings:
– Innoveox – development of an innovative solution for the treatment of hazardous liquid industrial waste: €14.3 million raised with a total market capitalisation amounting to €43.8 million
– Fermentalg – specialising in green chemistry and microalgae: €40.5 million raised with a total market capitalisation amounting to €107 million