Invest in Bordeaux has presented its 2015 results to its Board: 72 companies chose Bordeaux, with the potential to create 1,400 jobs within the next 3 years.
A very good 2015 vintage
The 72 successful projects won by Invest in Bordeaux (installation, relocation or extension projects) represent twice the figure for 2014.
A number of factors explain this excellent result:
- the cohesion, mobilisation and commitment of all the partners working with the agency
- the prospecting policy carried out within the newly-reorganised agency
- the increasing dynamism and attractiveness of the Bordeaux metropolitan area and the Gironde as a whole
This increased activity and attractiveness also showed in the figures for the number of files processed: almost 300 files were dealt with, of which more than half – 160 – were new in 2015.
Only the average number of job creations within 3 years did not increase, slipping back slightly to an average of 20 jobs per project.
Higher-level service activities, digital technologies and aeronautics are the main sectors in which Invest in Bordeaux posted successes this year.
Quite logically, the top 5 decisions in terms of expected numbers of jobs – ranging from 100 to 250 jobs – were in the following sectors:
These were followed by 8 medium-sized projects –25 to 50 jobs expected – in a wider variety of sectors:
- chemicals, with Berkem and Monnaie Bays
- construction and civil engineering with ITGA
- waste recycling with Recycl Matelas
- lasers/optics with R&D Vision
- and another 3 files in digital technologies: IXXI, Everbe and Diotasoft.